Sunday, June 21, 2009

My June Plan

I always label my plans by month, but I don't cook every month, so I'm not really sure why I do that! It's usually more like every 6-8 weeks. I'm doing more than usual this month. Alex and I are both craving a little more variety in our freezer stash, so I'm making more different types of items than usual. At the same time though, it doesn't make sense to make 1 each of 4 different things when I could just as easily make 3 each of those 4 things in the same amount of time. Here's the plan:

4 Shepherd's Pie
2 White Chicken Chili (Will feed us for 4 nights)
1 Lentil Sausage Soup (Will feed us for 3 nights)
3 Chicken Curry
3 Asian Peanut Butter Pork
3 Lasagna
3 Enchilada Casserole

8 Tilapia Packets with Mushrooms
8 Lemon Tilapia with Asparagus Packets
8 Baked Fish with Almond Couscous Packets
6 Fajita Packets

3 Spanish Rice
3 Mushroom Rice
3 Glazed Carrots
3 Sesame Broccoli Packets

20 Breakfast Burritos
20 Mexican Burritos
20 Buffalo Chicken Wraps
20 Kung Pao Chicken Wraps

Hopefully all this should feed us for about 6-8 weeks worth of dinners and lunches! Not bad for $437! That's less than $70 a week.

2 comments:

  1. Do you cook this all on one weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to blitz some of it over the weekend. Then I spend the week cooking one (maybe 2 if the girls go to bed early) things a night. And I finish everything up the following weekend. I just try to make sure I do things that require fresh produce first!

    ReplyDelete